Did you know that the average bathroom size is about 40sqft? While your bathroom might vary in size, tackling a DIY renovation without the right resources can be difficult. The Bathroom in a Box experienced interior designers have compiled hundreds of Bathroom Designs to help you through the design phase of your bathroom remodel.
Visit our website pre-made bathroom plans that are perfect for the budget driven and those DIYer’s who want the experience, expertise and skill of an Interior Designer.
Here’s what you need to know about a DIY bathroom remodel:
- A DIY Bathroom Remodel Do’s & Don’ts
- Remodel Your Bathroom
- Shop Bathroom in a Box DIY Design Plans
A DIY Bathroom Remodel Do’s & Don’ts
- Specify Your Needs: It is important to know what you want from your bathroom remodel. Do you want an entirely updated, new look for your bathroom? Do you need to remodel a specific bathroom in your home? Or, do you need to completely demo and renovate your space? As you answer these questions, you will have a better idea of what you are looking for.
- Choose the right style & finishes: When remodeling your bathroom, the style and finishes you choose should enhance the overall aesthetic. For example porcelain tile resists staining, bacteria, and odors, it is the preferred tile for many bathroom designers.
- Don’t move fixtures unless you have to: When remodeling your bathroom, moving the plumbing may take a long time and add to the cost. Typically, when it comes to DIY remodels, you’ll want to avoid making any changes to your home’s plumbing system unless you have a very challenging or cramped space since you will likely need a professional who will increase your spending.
- Don’t forget about ventilation and lighting: As humidity breeds mold and mildew, be sure to keep your bathroom space properly ventilated to avoid damaging finishes and surfaces. Furthermore, your bathroom should have plenty of light. You may want to install a ceiling fixture for general light, along with other lighting fixtures in the shower, or perhaps sconces on either side of the vanity mirror.
Remodel Your Bathroom
The Bathroom in a Box experienced interior designers have compiled hundreds of ready to purchase Bathroom Design Plans to help you through the design phase of your bathroom remodel. Our team is constantly looking for trending products and looks to help you get the bathroom design of your dreams at an affordable price.
Our Ready to Purchase Bathroom Design Plans offer a variety of design styles — including traditional, transitional, contemporary, and more! Browse our selection of DIY bathroom designs to find the best solution for your bathroom renovation project. You will receive a click-to-buy Shopping List that includes links to purchase the products in your design plan to get you on your way to completing your perfect bathroom renovation.
Shop from a variety of our pre-made bathroom designs with varying styles and prices, more on our website:
Pro Tip: A bathroom remodel can typically take 4 to 6 weeks to complete. Whether you are a DIY’er or are hiring a contractor, you’ll want to keep this in mind as you make your remodel decisions.
Essex Bathroom Design Plan #0009: The Essex Bathroom Design shows off a regal navy vanity accented with matte gold fixtures. This design is for a Powder Room remodel, but can easily be expanded to a Hall or a Master Bathroom remodel. It’s so simple and yet so elegant: white marble, matte gold, navy and a touch of wood The angles of the fixtures contrast beautifully with the round mirror and marble veining. The last detail is the Serena and Lily dip dye stool.
Sinclair Bathroom Design Plan #0071: Get inspired with this Morris Blackthorn wallpaper that will completely transform your Powder Room bathroom remodel. Then create a focal point with the “bottle green” vanity finished with a matte gold metal base and coordinating hardware. The matte gold finish repeats with the innovative sconces, sleek mirror and innovative Moen widespread faucet. The tile, a classic Italian white marble accent with gold veining, adds upscale appeal. The seagrass tote basket completes this bathroom in style.